Saturday, January 19, 2019

DIY: Upcycled Tin Cans

Just a commercial break from all those comics, illustrations and hand lettering stuff I've been doing.  I'm currently in a non-creative mood OR maybe I'm IN a creative mood; just not with regards to all those stuff I've been doing for years.

So I just jumped into the washi tape bandwagon.  I know, washi tapes have been here for years so I'm late into the game.  But one of my New Year's resolution is to upcycle more so I got inspired to "prettify" those tin cans I have laying around my room.

Disclaimer: blurry, at the same time, overly-filtered camera photos ahead.

This can is cute but (1) this is Christmas-inspired and it isn't Christmas anymore and (2) I got tired of seeing "Swissmiss" in the cans-- I mean, I  DO have three of this!
Just bought these washi tapes from Miniso at Php118 (around USD 2.25) per ten tapes.  As this is the first time I've bought washi tapes, I have no idea if the quality is good or if it is a good buy.  But hey, these are cute tapes so why not?

And I just looped those washi tapes around the cans.

TADA!  The finished products:

I think I could have made the execution neater but I have to admit, I love all the colors!

I have a lot of little things in my room so at least the mess looks a bit pretty.

I hope everybody is having a good 2019 so far <3

BTW, if you're interested, here is a link to my old, simple DIY posts: https://www.snippetsincolors.com/search/label/DIY

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts. Sharing is caring. :)