Saturday, January 14, 2017

The Bident


It is the first time I learned of the name of Hades' weapon.  I've always kind of called it the pitchfork or the two-pronged thing or (I know this is wrong--) "the scythe".  Apparently, it's called the bident.  Interesting trivia is the three major Gods, Zeus, Hades and Poseidon, have different number of prongs in their weapons.  Zeus has the thunderbolt which sort of seems like a one-pronged weapon, Hades has the bident (two prongs) and Poseidon has the trident (three prongs).  Kind of interesting; at least to me.  :)

And of course, if you want to see my comic strip with Zeus and his thunderbolt, you may view it here: http://www.homemadecomicstrips.com/2017/01/wheres-my-thunderbolt.html .

2 comments:

Jim Gullett said...

Im a subscriber to your comics via email. I think you produce some of the most unique comics out there. Your subject matter is interesting and original. Please keep it up!

Kartunista said...

Wow, thanks a lot Jim! Your feedback means a lot to me.

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts. Sharing is caring. :)