Wednesday, August 9, 2017

The Lady From the Sea

When I was a kid, I heard of a story about a land beneath the sea, where mermaids dwell and a civilization thrive.


Since then, I long to see their inhabitants whom some say go up to land and befriend and play with humans.  I still remember the day I waited by the shore in case they make an appearance.

So I waited...


... and waited...


... and waited.


After years of waiting, should I even hope?

But one day, just when I was to give up, I saw movement from behind the rocks.  Could it be...??


But when I drew nearer it was gone.


The next day I took my chance and my boat out again.

And in the same spot she was waiting for me!


She was such an angelic creature that I was entranced.  This time I drew near enough to reach her and yet she didn't shy away.


And then I realized why...


... she decided I'M FOOD!




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts. Sharing is caring. :)