Sunday, January 22, 2012

001: Myths & legends

I've always been interested in Manananggals, a Filipino version of vampire, with a twist of course.

Coming from a rural town, it's easy to believe that such creatures exist.  There are many blood-sucking creatures always depicted, not just in the Philippines but in other countries as well, that they get jumbled up in my mind easily.  But a manananggal, if I'm not mistaken, is always depicted as a beautiful girl, completely human in the morning, but a vampire-like creature at night.  She grows fangs, she grows leathery wings and aside from that, the upper half of her torso detaches from her lower part while on prowl.  Sounds silly, I know, but I've always been scared of them whenever I see them in horror movies!

Here's my first comic strip.  Amateurish of course, but I love lovable manananggal characters:


0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share your thoughts. Sharing is caring. :)